Free: Eligibility Guide and Application
Everything you need for eligibility, Veteran
benefits and admission at all six Maine Veterans’ Homes in Augusta, Bangor, Caribou, Machias, Scarborough and South Paris.
With this guide you’ll get:
- Our eligibility requirements
- Application checklist
- Veteran benefits and financial options
- What to do if there is a wait list
- An application for admission
- How to schedule a tour at any one of our six locations
- Answers to your most frequently asked questions
At Maine Veterans' Homes, everything we do is centered around providing the best Veteran care in the nation. We are dedicated to serving honorably discharged Veterans who were residents of Maine at the time of their entry into the U.S. Armed Forces or who are residents of Maine at the time of their application to Maine Veterans' Homes. We also serve the spouses, widows or widowers and Gold Star parents of eligible Veterans. Eligible Veterans must have served one or more days on active duty and there is no requirement for our Veterans to have served in combat or have a service-connected disability.
Maine Veterans' HOmes recommends that Veterans and their families do three things before applying:
- Become familiar with your Veteran military discharge paperwork (DD214).
- Contact Maine Veterans' Homes to begin the eligibility process.
- Inform your primary care provider of your intent to use the benefits at MVH.